Fernwood is an 11-16 School enjoying an excellent reputation for high standards of achievement and behaviour. We offer a school with:
• An ethos of ‘High Achievement with Care and Discipline for All’
• A teaching profession that is dedicated, innovative and talented
• A teaching profession that is treated with respect and afforded autonomy in the classroom
• A wonderful group of students who behave well and have high aspirations
• A strong Progress 8 score
• Staff and Governors that are professional and enjoy working together for the benefit of the young people we serve
• An Ofsted outstanding judgement
• Leading Edge Status
The Governors and Staff are committed to continuous improvement and welcome applications from candidates with drive and determination who are able to challenge and inspire students of all abilities and from all backgrounds.
The key leadership responsibilities are:
Ensuring that data is effectively used to support student progress and that curriculum and quality improvement strategies underpin the development of the whole child.
The Leadership Team are harmonious and debate is rigorous. Teaching and support staff are a pleasure to work with. Specific roles, responsibilities, person specification, together with the opportunity to visit the school prior to application, can be found on the school website.
Interviews: Provisionally 7 & 8 October 2019
Please email completed applications to HR Manager & PA to Headteacher, Mrs Caron Smith at email@example.com
The Fernwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring) Check.