We are looking to recruit an outstanding Assistant Headteacher who has the skills, qualifications and experience to support and enhance the operational running of the Academy but also able help the Senior Leadership Team deliver its’ key strategic priorities.
• Leading on ‘Teaching and Learning’ ensuring that the strategic aims and objectives support staff and pupils;
• Quality assuring learning and teaching in the school;
• Strategically planning the CPD programme and sharing of pedagogy to ensure teachers are helping pupils, to know and remember more;
• Ensuring that teachers use assessment well, to help pupils embed and use knowledge fluently or to check understanding and inform teaching.
As our idea candidate, you will:
• Have a proven track record at middle leadership or SLT level, with evidence of consistently raising attainment in their subject areas, improving school-wide results;
• Be naturally focused and driven, with the energy, resilience and warmth to fit with our community;
• Be keen to be a hands-on member of SLT who work hard to be visible and supportive to the benefit of our pupils and staff.
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
• Equip our staff to deliver their best every day - our belief is ‘Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best’;
• Encourage all our pupils to go beyond what they think they can achieve, to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives;
• Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in pupils’ progress and development;
• Never stop improving, developing and sharing our practice with others;
• Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated;
• Offer great benefits making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development.
Royds Hall is one of eight academies/schools within our trust and is part of a close-knit community well located for commuting from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield. We encourage that you visit the academy during its open day where a warm welcome awaits.
You will see that Royds Hall:
• Is a vibrant place of learning and encouragement where young people are happy, settled and confident;
• Has a broad and balanced curriculum that provides a memorable educational experience for all of its pupils;
• Aims to equip pupils with the attributes and attitude they need for their next stage of education.
You are welcome to visit the academy and we have set aside Tuesday 11th February at 9am or 4pm, please contact reception to make an appointment for one of these times.
To apply, please complete our online application form. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: Midday on Monday, 17th February 2020.
Interview date: Thursday, 27th February 2020.
SHARE MAT comprises of Beech Primary School, Cowlersley Primary School, Heaton Avenue Primary School, Luck Lane Primary School, Millbridge Junior, Infant and Nursery School, Royds Hall Community School, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our pupils safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.