Are you an outstanding leader and communicator with excellent interpersonal skills? Do you have the vision, commitment and drive to make a significant difference to the lives of the young people of Scarborough? George Pindar School is looking for an ambitious and highly effective practitioner with the skills and ability to raise achievement for our disadvantaged and vulnerable learners.
This opportunity, which arises as a result of the re-structuring of the Senior Leadership Team, will allow and enable you to make your mark as a Senior Leader and support the further development of a rapidly improving and highly aspirational school.
We are seeking to appoint a person who:
- has an outstanding track record in educational leadership with proven success and demonstrable impact.
- is able to think strategically, analytically and creatively with due regard for accountability.
- demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement in the development of people and systems in order to raise achievement of staff and students.
- has the personal authority, communication and organisational skills to lead and manage effectively and with impact.
- has the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strengths of our Senior Leadership Team, to meet the highest professional standards and be a role model for our school.
You will be given both autonomy and support as you build on our existing work in raising achievement focused on our disadvantaged and vulnerable learners.
This position will appeal to ambitious and suitably experienced teachers who wish to progress to headship in due course. You will join a supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team and a school which wants the best for its staff and students.
George Pindar School is an 11-16 Community Comprehensive School on the outskirts of the seaside town of Scarborough and on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. We are a fully inclusive school, committed to developing the potential of all our students irrespective of their starting points. This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a school’s development and to see your career grow as the school grows.
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school or contact the Headteacher for an informal conversation.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday 2 May 2017 (Midday)
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 9 & Wednesday 10 May 2017
GEORGE PINDAR SCHOOL
Moor Lane, Eastfield, Scarborough,
North Yorkshire, YO11 3LW