Assistant Headteacher (Secondary)
Taylor’s International School, Puchong (Kuala Lumpur)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Two Years
Taylor’s International School Puchong (TISPC) has been open for 3 years and is part of the Taylor’s Education Group, Malaysia’s premier private education group which operates Garden International School, Nexus International Schools, as well as Taylor’s University. TISPC has currently around 1,340 children enrolled at the school and approximately 15% of teachers at the school are expatriates; with the remainder of the teachers being Malaysian. As a new purpose built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic staff in a growing school in a lovely part of the world. The curriculum is the National Curriculum for England up to IGCSEs with an emphasis not only on academic excellence, but also on character building, the sciences, as well as physical health and development. The school’s purpose statement is to “educate the youth of the world to take their productive place as leaders in the global community”, which encapsulates its holistic approach to education.
- Pastoral, leading a restorative approach within a secondary school context
- To be able to teach up to IGCSE level in either; Biology, Maths or History.
- To lead and manage, having strategic oversight of the implementation of the whole school’s pastoral systems, including positive behaviour reward systems.
- To ensure that all teaching staff incorporate a positive approach to behaviour management by the use of restorative practices.
- To implement the pastoral systems through the leadership and management of Year Leaders and form tutors where appointed.
- To ensure that communication of the school’s pastoral ethos and values are clearly disseminated through all school literature and the website.
- To ensure that all pastoral staff uphold the TISPC core values through their management of communication with pupils and parents.
- To ensure school policies related to pastoral systems are relevant and up to date and clearly understood.
- To support HOS to ensure school policies related to the pastoral systems are followed by all staff and that all staff are held accountable for their implementation and success.
- To be responsible for the development of rotas within the pastoral teams, e.g., assemblies.
- To lead and manage the disciplinary processes within the year groups and ensure records are kept accordingly within the SIM system.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Application deadline: August 10th 2017