VACANCIES for 2 X ASSISTANT HEADTEACHERS at an Excellent Special School
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Highshore School for two new, full time Assistant Headteachers.
Highshore is a mixed 11-19 school for pupils with complex mixed needs. We have 146 pupils on roll who have a variety of needs including Down’s syndrome, Autism, ADHD and complex medical needs. Many have significant learning difficulties. The majority of our pupils have speech and language difficulties. A growing number of pupils need support with activities of daily living. We use Makaton signing in many of our classes to facilitate communication. We are a happy and creative school.
The successful candidates will
- Be accountable for securing the highest standards of learning and teaching
- Be accountable for raising standards through leadership of school improvement areas.
- Be able to demonstrate effective and creative leadership of teams in order to secure sustainable school improvement
- Key leadership roles
- Tailor-made training opportunities and career development to enable progression
- Mentoring & support from an experienced headteacher
- Professional, friendly and supportive staff
- Strong school leadership team
The successful candidates must
- Have substantial middle or senior management experience in a special school
- Be an excellent practitioner who can provide evidence of excellent classroom experience
- Have high expectations of all children
- Be able to inspire, motivate and influence staff and students
We welcome visits to the school. Further information about this post and arrangements for visits can be made by contacting the Headteacher, Eileen Ollieuz, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 708 6790.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th April 2021
No agencies and C.V.’s are not accepted
Highshore School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the DfE document, Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Highshore School is an equal opportunities employer.
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Highshore is a complex mixed needs special secondary (age range 11 – 19) school situated in Camberwell, in the London Borough of Southwark. We have 146 pupils on roll. Every pupil has a statement of Special Educational Needs.
At Highshore School we en...