Assistant Headteacher: SENCO/ Inclusion Manager
Salary Range: Leadership Scale
Actual Salary Range: L4 £49,844 – L7 £53,194 per annum
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Required for January 2018
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher who will have strategic responsibility for inclusion across the school, including pupils with Special Educational Needs, as well as being Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead. SENCO qualifications are not essential but desirable; the appointed candidate would be expected to take the National Award for SENCO if not already qualified.
The successful candidate will:
• be passionate about meeting the needs of all children
• be a great senior leader and teacher with very high expectations and a proven track record of raising pupil attainment
• have a high degree of professionalism and resilience to navigate complex situations when supporting children and their families
• have experience of working with children with a range of additional needs and a good knowledge of the SEND code of practice
• be able to effectively lead and manage a team of support staff as well as coordinate and work closely with professionals from outside agencies
• have the ability to build strong relationships with staff, children and parents alike
• be flexible with a good sense of humour.
Duncombe Primary offers:
• a genuine opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our wonderful children and their families in our diverse community
• inspirational and supportive staff team
• an exciting, well-organised and vibrant environment in which to work
• high quality CPD including the option to undertake a part-funded Master’s Degree in Education
Closing Date for Applications: Midday, Thursday 19th October 2017.
Interview Date: Monday 30th October 2017.
Please click here to apply. If you need assistance please email the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number DUN/555.
Duncombe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects
all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with
barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements
of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete
a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.