Headteacher: Dale Barrowclough
L12-L16 (£51,639 - £57,077)
Required from September 2018
Forge Valley is an 11-18 academy sponsored by the Tapton School Academy Trust. Our school ethos is founded on the principal that ambition and endeavour are key components in achieving success. Currently serving around 1250 pupils, our new purpose-built, £27-million learning environment has excellent facilities to help us deliver our curriculum.
Forge Valley is a rapidly improving school, with high-quality teaching and students who display exemplary learning behaviours. In order to become securely good, we need to remove the few remaining inconsistencies in school and succeed in the challenge of improving the attainment and progress of our more disadvantaged pupils.
We are seeking two outstanding middle or senior leaders to join our leadership team. The successful
candidates will take on one of the following areas of responsibility:
· Teaching & Learning
· Behaviour for Learning, Engagement and Progress of Disadvantaged Pupils
Candidates are asked to state which post they are interested in and focus their personal statement accordingly. Candidates are welcome to apply for both posts using the same application.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is an excellent practitioner with a positive attitude
· Committed to the achievement of all our pupils
· Has outstanding leadership and management skills
· Has effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire pupils and staff
· Is a team player with the energy and ability to drive improvement
In turn, we can offer you:
· A commitment to your professional growth and first-class CPD opportunities
· A modern, purpose-built, state of the art working environment
· Access to an onsite gym, which is free to staff members
Forge Valley is an equal opportunities employer. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Please take the time to read the safeguarding policy on our website.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Lorna Jennings, PA to the Headteacher on 0114 234 8805 or by emailing email@example.com.
Completed application forms, and any queries about the recruitment process, should be addressed to Scott Glover at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 07766 773682.
Please ensure you use the Forge Valley application form.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon on Thursday 19th April 2018
Assessment centre and interviews: Thursday 26th and Friday 27th April 2018