Assistant Headteacher (Sixth Form)
Full time (Maternity Cover)
Required for: January 2020
Are you an inspirational leader looking to join an outstanding school? We are looking for an Assistant Headteacher to lead our popular and successful Sixth Form. Whilst this is a maternity role initially, we will discuss the possibility of ongoing responsibility with the successful candidate
We invest heavily in the development of both pupils and staff, placing learning at the heart of everything we do: we are seeking to appoint somebody who shares these values. We are also looking for a candidate who is able to set the bar high as an excellent KS5 teacher in their subject.
- a collaborative and high-trust community that allows equips its staff with the skills and allows them to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days and professional development;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on-site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
We would like you to be:
- experienced in leading a team and able to influence the culture of the school;
- knowledgeable about high quality Sixth Form provision;
- skilled at analysing data and using this to drive pupil progress;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday, 21 October 2019 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview date is Tuesday, 22 October.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.