SILS is an alternative provision for secondary aged learners who are out of mainstream education mostly due to social, emotional, behaviour and / or mental health needs (SEMH). Every member of our school community is valued and ‘staff work together to deliver the best outcomes for students’ (Ofsted, 2015)
Our ideal candidate for the position of assistant headteacher will have strong leadership experience, a passion for teaching and learning and a track record for delivering outstanding results in English.
You will need to:
• Be committed to working together to transform our school into a centre of excellence
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a successful track record in raising achievement
• Have experience of managing change and record for leading school improvement
• Be committed to working in partnership with parents, mainstream schools, professionals and members of our management committee
• Have QTS, a good knowledge of the 14 – 19 curriculum and experience of teaching in a mainstream school.
• Be able to influence, inspire and enthuse all members the school community
• Be willing to actively lead the design and implementation of school improvement initiatives
What we offer:
• Learners with enormous potential
• Focus on raising standards and developing confident resilient responsible young adults
• Supportive environment in which your enthusiasm, commitment and passion in making a difference to the lives of our students will be rewarded
Do note that SILS is located on two sites across South London and the post holder will be based at our KS4 site by London Bridge. If you are an outstanding practitioner, and you have the passion to drive forward our culture of participation, aspiration and achievement, then we would like to hear from you.
For an application pack, and further information, please visit www.silsschools.org alternatively, contact Carol Hepper, business manager on 02075251150, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Yomi Adewoye, Headteacher for an informal discussion.
Closing date: Monday 21st May 2018, 12 noon
Interview: Week of 21st May 2018
SILS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Southwark Inclusive Learning Service (SILS), 2 Davey Street. London SE15 6LF.
Tel: 020 75251150 website: www.silsschools.org