Job Title: Assistant Headteacher (Teaching & Learning)
Salary Range: L9- L13: Leadership Range: £50,025- £55,202 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Closing date for applications: 10am on Friday 17th January 2020
Interviews: 22nd and 23rd January 2020
We are seeking an aspiring senior leader with a proven track record of impactful middle leadership or an established senior leader looking for a new challenge to lead a journey of rapid school improvement.
This is an exciting period in the growth of the Trust and its development. We are looking to appoint an exceptional senior leader to join the leadership team at King Arthur’s School, Wincanton. The postholder will provide inspirational leadership for teaching and learning to raise standards and improve student outcomes.
The successful candidate will:
• promote and support the mission, values and approaches of the Trust
• demonstrate a proven track record of raising standards and impactful leadership;
• be an outstanding teacher – able to coach, mentor and support others;
• have excellent communication skills being able to share ideas, good practice and inspire others;
• have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding learning and teaching;
• be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and colleagues and who will enjoy the challenges of this role;
• have a wide, current knowledge and understanding of education and school systems locally, nationally and globally and a constant desire to keep abreast of new, leading edge practices in an educational setting.
We warmly encourage a visit the Trust prior to application. Our Head of School, Jen Jacklin is also available to have an informal discussion with interested applicants about the role. Please contact her on 01963 32368 or at email@example.com.
Completed applications should be returned either by post, marked ‘Confidential’ to; Catherine Watson, SAST Head of HR, St Aldhelm’s House, Bristol Road, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 4EQ or by email to: HR@sast.org.uk