Leading Teaching and Learning
With the whole school community, school leaders play a central role in raising standards of teaching and learning. School leaders have a responsibility to set high expectations, create the conditions for effective teaching and learning to flourish and to evaluate the effectiveness of learning outcomes. Leaders acknowledge the high status, value and importance of teaching and learning and in creating a learning culture which enables pupils to become effective, enthusiastic and independent, life-long learners.
Knowledge and understanding of;
· principles of quality learning, teaching and assessment including school review and self-evaluation
· ways of applying effective practice and research evidence to improve outcomes
· use of external support and expertise
· behaviour and attendance management
· new technologies to support learning and teaching
· political impact of external, community or family factors on learning
· strategies for improving outcomes and achieving excellence for all tools for data collection and analysis
· demonstrate equality and diversity in teaching and learning
· achieve the best possible learning outcomes for all
· use developmental models for teaching and learning
· engage parents in children's teaching and learning
· manage and use performance data
· develop whole school culture of best practice in teaching and learning
· create flexible and comprehensive learning opportunities for all pupils
· capitalise on appropriate sources of external support and expertise
· deploy technology to support teaching and learning
· develop and use effective assessment and moderation systems
evaluate, review and develop systems and structures
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd May 2018
Application form and covering letter, up to two sides of A4 required. Visits are available on Thursday 17th May at 1.45pm with the Headteacher. Please contact email@example.com to make an appointment.
We are delighted to announce that our latest OFSTED report has just been released and that Barclay School is improving at a remarkable pace. Please visit the website for more information.