Outstanding Assistant Head required to lead either KS1 or KS2 and a core subject
Commencing January 2018, or earlier if possible.
Salary: Inner London Leadership Range L5 – L9 (currently £50,401 - £54,862)
Cobourg is a popular, successful, multicultural and diverse two-form entry community school in South-East London, where children from all backgrounds are able to flourish. We serve a vibrant community of talented children, who are always ready to learn and to receive the very best education.
The school is committed to Inclusion, with a strong focus on learning and children’s emotional wellbeing. Cobourg first achieved the Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence School status in 2014, and is currently working towards becoming a flagship school.
Applications are invited from outstanding teachers who are keen to further their career by gaining a leadership role. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone who is committed to enabling all children to fulfil their potential and achieve the best possible outcomes. You will also be responsible for teaching a class.
The successful candidate will:
- have high expectations of yourself and others
- be an effective and inspirational classroom practitioner with an eye for detail
- have excellent leadership, management, interpersonal and communication skills
- take a leading role in curriculum and staff development
- understand and use data in order to inform teaching and raise standards
- demonstrate substantial and senior leadership of a core subject
- be highly organised, motivational and flexible with the ability to
- lead, inspire, and challenge children and colleagues
In return we offer you:
- Happy, motivated and enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school
- A cheerful environment with modern IT equipment regularly updated
- A highly motivated hardworking team of colleagues
- Good additional classroom support from TAs/HLTAs
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
If you have all of these qualities and are looking for a new challenge, why not seize this fantastic opportunity to become the new Assistant Head with additional responsibilities at Cobourg Primary School!
Application packs are available to download via this page. Completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and encouraged; please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Friday 30th June @ 12 noon
Please note: Cobourg Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.