The John of Gaunt School
- A Community Academy –
Headteacher: Mike Gunston
‘A Good School’
‘a positive ethos permeates throughout the school’
Ofsted March 2014
ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER L11 - 15
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT CONTRACT
We are looking for a committed and dynamic professional to join our leadership team from September 2018. As a successful middle or senior leader, you will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of improving outcomes for young people.
Our school is a fully comprehensive single Academy for students from the ages of 11 – 18, with approximately 1110 students on roll. We are a school for our community and strongly believe in the potential of every young person.
We are looking for:
- an inspiring and innovative teacher
- a talented strategic leader with high expectations.
- the skills and presence to support behaviour and ethos across the school
- a team player with a belief in working collaboratively
- commitment to our inclusive ethos, ensuring that all students achieve their full potential.
The specific responsibilities will be dependent on the skills and experience you can bring to the role, in conjunction with the strengths of the leadership team.
In return we offer:
- the opportunity to help lead a thriving and vibrant school at the heart of its community
- a commitment to your professional development and further career aspirations
- the support of a strong and committed staff team
- the chance to make a real difference to the lives of our young people.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please note the school will be closed 30th March – 15th April.
Closing date for applications is 10.00 am on Friday 20th April 2018
Interviews will be held week beginning 23rd April 2018
CVs will not be considered.
The John of Gaunt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
Wingfield Road, Trowbridge, Wilts, BA14 9EH