Gatton Primary School is inviting applications from highly motivated experienced teachers with leadership experience to take up the post of Assistant Headteacher. The post holder will work closely with the Headteacher to build on the current successes of the school.
Gatton is an outstanding school, part way through expansion to three full forms of entry. We are looking for a creative individual who has the energy to take on new challenges and continue with our forward momentum. Applicants with senior leadership experience and high expectations who seek to promote the full potential of every child are invited to apply.
This is a non-class based position. There are a range of responsibilities attached to the post including: Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and overseeing teaching, learning and assessment in a phase
The Assistant Headteacher will:
- Be a person who is committed to affirming and developing the Islamic ethos of the school
- Be an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice
- Have the SENCO qualification or be willing to work towards it
- Have the experience, professionalism and determination to deliver the highest standards of teaching and learning for all pupils including those with barriers to their learning
- Contribute to maintaining a caring, inclusive environment
- Be highly motivated with proven leadership skills
- Have excellent management and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, challenge and inspire staff and children
- An outstanding professional opportunity, working with an experienced Headteacher in an outstanding school
- A caring school where everyone is valued and supported
- Highly effective, hardworking staff and governing body
- A modern building with excellent facilities including a large gym and swimming pool
- Well behaved, caring pupils who are, positive and enthusiastic about their learning
- Excellent partnership working with parents, local schools and organisations
To arrange a visit to the school at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0208 682 5570
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/ or from the school website, www.gatton.wandsworth.sch.uk.
For further information or for an application pack contact Ms Shazia Nabi via email email: email@example.com or Phone: 0208 682 5570
Completed Gatton school application should be returned to the school either by email, post or fax.
Closing Date: 02 March 2018 (at noon)
Interviews/Tasks: During week of 05 March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Gatton Primary School, Al Risalah Trust
13e Broadwater Road, London SW17 0DS
Head teacher: Iffat Fariduddin
Phone: 020 8682 5570, Fax: 020 8682 5576
Group 3, Number on Roll 480, age 4-11