The Angmering School is a popular 11-18 semi-rural Comprehensive School set between the South Downs and the South Coast. We have approximately 1500 students of which 260 are in sixth form. We are effective in delivering outcomes that provide well for all students’ needs. Students are well prepared for the next stage of their education, training or employment.
The Assistant Headteacher: Student Welfare, Safeguarding and Child Protection will provide outstanding and inspirational leadership within Student Services Department and as part of the Headship team. They will provide leadership in enhancing the systems that are already in place to ensure that students across KS3, KS4 and KS5 remain safe and secure in the care of the school; ensuring that the high quality Teaching and Learning meets the needs of individual students and gives all students the opportunity to achieve their potential. Support both the progress of students and the aims of the school.
Main Duties to include:
- Leadership of behaviour across the school;
- Leadership of attendance and punctuality;
- Strategic leadership of inclusion;
- Designated Safeguarding Lead.
You will be joining:
- A very well-resourced and organised team.
- A school that has a special support centre for students with physical and sensory disabilities.
- A school which has a comprehensive CPD programme which recognises the needs of all teachers and looks to develop them for future promotion.
Closing date: Friday 29 September 2017.
Interview date: Week commencing 2 October 2017.
Please see our website for an application form and further details.
The Angmering School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. . The post is subject to a Criminal Records Check. Only completion of all appropriate forms will be considered for short listing. In light of potentially high volume of applicants, you will only be contacted if successfully invited to interview.
THE ANGMERING SCHOOL
Tel. 01903 772351 Fax 01903 850752