Bell Farm, a large primary school with a communication and interaction needs (COIN) centre and a nursery, is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed assistant headteacher to join our school from September 2021.
Being an inclusive school is important to us and something that makes us feel 'Proud to Belong' to the Bell Farm community. We have a hard working, committed and supportive staff team and you will join our dedicated and dynamic SLT. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inclusive education and can be a motivational leader of this team. You will be an inspirational teacher and have a proven track record of strong outcomes for all children.
Bell Farm, set in extensive grounds, received a continuing ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted in March 2019. The inspection praised a “strongly inclusive culture” that “helps this large school to feel like a family where everyone is known, listened to and cared for.” Our beautiful grounds are enjoyed by friendly and polite pupils who are eager to learn, supported by a welcoming community of staff, parents and governors all working together.
Here’s a recent testimony from one of our HLTAs:
“That’s the thing about Bell Farm, you really feel like you are part of a community, as a parent and as a member of staff. The school equipped me with the support and knowledge that I needed to do my job well - each year brings new opportunities for staff to develop their professional career. I have never looked back and can truly say I love my job.”
We can offer you:
● Individually-tailored CPD; Bell Farm is committed to the development of inspired, confident and passionate staff.
● A supportive and strong Senior Leadership Team that leads the school with clear goals.
● Free places at Breakfast Club for any children that attend Bell Farm during working hours.
● An Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
● MyBenefits: a reward scheme for employees of Surrey County Council.
● A weekly Business Manager award, to recognise a member of staff who has made an outstanding contribution to the team.
● A termly reward to a member of staff drawn at random from those with 100% attendance.
● An annual award to all members of staff with 100% attendance for the year.
● Free teas and coffees during breaks.
This is a full time permanent role. The salary is per the Leadership Pay Range L7 to L11 (Fringe area), currently £50,190 to £55,254.
So please contact the school office to arrange a visit - we’re situated less than a mile from both Hersham and Walton-on-Thames train stations, with fast trains into Waterloo taking just 26 minutes. Often featured on lists of the best places to live and raise a family, Walton-on-Thames is renowned for its pretty towpath, open spaces and friendly pubs, shops and cafes.
Closing date: 8am on Tuesday 2nd March 2021
Interviews will be held, by Zoom, on Friday 12th March 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the school.
Bell Farm School