Colton Hills Community School in Wolverhampton require enthusiastic and highly qualified Assistant House Leaders to provide academic support across each House.
37 hours per week, 47.5 weeks per annum
The role of Assistant House Leader (Academic) provides first line support to students on academic issues within a house. This post offers a perfect opportunity to make a lasting impact on vulnerable people as well as entry into one of many career routes available to teaching/education.
The successful candidate should
· Possess a good honours degree
· Understand young people’s educational needs
· Have a good understanding of a school curriculum, or willing to learn quickly.
· Be able to develop and implement a range of strategies to support learning.
· Be able to use data effectively
· Be flexible and able to adjust to changing circumstances
· Be able to communicate clearly to students and staff in a calm and respectful manner
· Be reliable and trustworthy
· Work within the school’s policies and procedures.
Colton Hills Community School is a successful, growing secondary 11-18 community school, with over 900 students on roll.
We can offer you:
• Pupils eager for success
• Supportive parents who value education
• Supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance
• Refurbished buildings with dedicated home-bases for independent learning.
• Major investment in ICT
• Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.
As an employee of the City of Wolverhampton Council you will have access to the council's employee benefit scheme.
OFSTED May 2015
• “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
• “Students are currently making good progress in English, mathematics and science.”
• “The sixth form is good and students are achieving improved standards across a wide range of subjects.”
• “Behaviour around the school is of a high standard.”
• “Students demonstrate positive attributes to their learning, show respect for each other and have pride in their school.”
To apply please complete the application form and submit on Eteach. If you would like further information please contact Mrs P Baker, Headteacher's PA at the school.
Applications will only be considered when submitted on a fully completed application form. CV applications will not be considered. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
Colton Hills Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.