- Job ref: 1154
- Hours: 18.5 hours per week, term time only, 40 weeks per year (over 3 days - Monday, Thursday, Friday)
- Salary: £7,693 - £7,984 per annum (actual salary)
- Based: Castleford Campus, WF10 4UA
As an Assistant Job Coach, you will facilitate and support the development and planning for young adults with a learning difficulty/disability on a Supported Employment study programme, which will enable them to learn the skills required for work in order to progress to sustained employment.
Reporting to the SENDCO for Foundation Learning, this will require involvement in:
- The taking of referrals from those expressing an interest in supported employment – assessing their preferences, abilities and support needs (vocational profiling or ‘discovery’) – then matching these to a relevant job or employment prospect
- Liaising with local employers and other organisations in order to secure suitable work placements, as well as carrying out detailed job analyses to ensure their suitability for supported employment and undertaking H&S/risk assessments
- Completing detailed action/support and follow up plans for each individual student, which will extend to include workplace visits and assessments, along with travel/route planning training and the provision of on the job support
The Supported Employment team within the Additional Learning Support department is an exciting team to work for. You will be part of a supportive and evolving team within the College, but you will also get to immerse yourself into a variety of teams throughout the Wakefield district. Working in this role can make a real difference to our student’s lives and future.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding and direct experience of working with young people with learning difficulties/ disabilities and a clear understanding of the supported employment model. You should also hold English & Math’s GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 10 December 2020
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...