Are you passionate about changing the life chances of young people?
At St Mary’s Church of England Primary School, we live, work and learn through a shared dedication of striving to be ‘the best versions of ourselves’.
We are a large, popular and fully inclusive primary school situated in the heart of Southampton’s diverse city centre. Located just a short walk away from the high street and the train station - we are an excellent commuter school for those living in Hampshire!
We are a forward-thinking and dedicated team where our pupils’ needs come first! Pupils behave exceptionally well and this enables teachers to provide the support required to help our children to flourish.
We are looking to appoint a strong and ambitious senior leader, from the spring term, to work alongside our new Headteacher. You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of an innovative and bespoke curriculum. A curriculum that inspires pupils to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for employment in a 21st Century world.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with the following skillset:
- Somebody able to articulate clear impact in their current role - using a language of school improvement.
- A candidate who has clear and demonstrable experience in developing teacher pedagogy and practice.
- A knowledge of evaluating the quality of education, using Ofsted’s current framework.
- A candidate with a strong moral purpose and desire to do 'whatever it takes' to help pupils to be successful.
- Somebody who understands that knowledge acquisition and skill development are the key attributes to a successful education.
- A leader who will fully support, promote and uphold the distinctive Christian ethos of our school
This academic year will be one of excitement, change and development for our school. You will be joining our senior leadership team at a pivotal moment. Comprising of the new Headteacher, a Deputy and an Assistant Head - you will have the opportunity to bring a new dynamic to our team.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a highly-talented middle or current senior leader, to progress in their career. The post-holder will benefit from extensive opportunities to develop a thorough school improvement skillset.
Our offer to every teacher at St Mary's:
- Bespoke professional development opportunities. (Including: with sister schools, through the diocese leadership courses and national accreditations)
- Cutting-edge technology used for the planning and delivery of superb lessons. Use of multi-collaboration platforms to simplify the process of lesson planning.
- A device to help your planning, preparation and assessment.
- A commitment to your personal care through our 'Staff wellbeing charter'.
- A caring, professional and friendly Church of England school setting.
Application & Interview Information:
Your interview day is a mutual process aligned to helping you to decide if this is the school to advance your career in. We aim to make the day as supportive as possible. Any questions pre or post application can be sent to Kevin Brown, our school business manager. (email@example.com).
We are committed to safer recruitment. All shortlisted candidates will have references requested prior to interview. The successful candidate(s) will be required to undertake a fully enhanced DBS. Any disclosures should be made at the point of application.
Closing date: Friday 3rd December 2021
Shortlisting & Reference Req: Friday 3rd December 2021
Interview date: Monday 6th December 2021
On behalf of the governors, staff and children, we look forward to receiving your application.
St Mary's CE Primary School Team
St Mary's CE Primary School 2022:
We are entering an exciting new era with a new headteacher and senior leadership team in post from the Spring Term.
We are expanding our team considerably and look forward to welcoming new teachers.