Assistant Principal - Administration and Staff Development
Job No: TCE264 Location: Good Shepherd Catholic College - Mount Isa
Salary Range: $115,910- $121,610
Incentives: ITAS, IPRASS and Subsidised Accommodation
Tenure: Full-time 5 Year Contract
Commencing Date: 2020
Location: Mount Isa
Closing Date Friday 13th September 2019
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
This is a newly created position for Good Shepherd Catholic College due to a re-structure of the leadership team for 2020.
A rewarding opportunity
The purpose of the Assistant Principal – Administration and Staff Development, is to exercise leadership and assist with management of the College in accordance with Catholic Education policy and in consultation with other stakeholders as appropriate and with due reference to Catholic Education structures, processes and practices.
The position will work closely with the Principal and the leadership team to oversee the development and administration of school processes that ensure compliance and adherence to regulations.
The Assistant Principal – Administration and Staff Development will be required to act as the point of contact for key senior school matters liaising where necessary with parents, students and teachers.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach and able to develop your staff using effective feedback
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $115,910- $121,610 (depending on experience)
- ITAS, IPRASS and Subsidised Accommodation
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume with contact details of two referees (one being your current line manager and the other your Parish Priest)
- Upload a written response In no more than 2 pages to the following:
- What is your educational vision/philosophy?
- How will you foster the Catholic life and identity of the school?
- How will your leadership skills contribute to the success of the school
Please refer to the Position Description and Catholic School Leadership Framework to support your response.
The successful applicant will be required to commence Term 1 2020.
For a confidential conversation please contact Mary-Ellen Pattinson on 07 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services email@example.com
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Application close 4pm Friday 13th September 2019.