L13 - L17 £52,930 - £58,389
Fantastic opportunity to join our Senior Leadership team!
Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust (Academies Enterprise Trust) – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Principal for Student Behaviour, who will lead on shaping the strategic vision and culture for whole school behaviour.
Working as part of a strong senior leadership team, this role represents an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to develop as a senior leader, and take the next step in their Leadership career.
We are looking for someone who can lead, challenge and support staff and students in shaping the strategic development and operational running of behaviour systems and routines.
Along with other members of the senior leadership team, the Assistant Principal will be centrally involved in the management of the academy and will be responsible for helping to establish a culture that is fully inclusive and sets the highest expectations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader who is able to:
- Contribute to the formulation of the Academy’s vision, ethos, aims and objectives.
- Lead on the strategic vision and culture to improve whole school behaviour.
- Lead strategies in response to whole school behaviour analysis.
- Support and challenge teachers in the operational running of behaviour systems.
- Be responsible, alongside the Senior Leadership Team, for identifying the priorities that will lead to continuous improvement in outcomes
- Be the Link Leader for one or more faculties
- Be Link Leader for one Year Group
- Undertake some teaching responsibilities
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Principal (email@example.com) to arrange a learning walk during the school day and a chance to meet.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn!
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website www.firthparkacademy.org to find out more.
The position is due to commence in September 2018, with interviews to be held week beginning 30 April 2018
Closing date: Friday 27 April 2018.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.