A rare and exciting leadership opportunity within our very successful multi academy trust has arisen. We are seeking to appoint a highly effective leader to join us as an Assistant Principal at The Halley Academy from September 2019; the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in accelerating the development of the school into an outstanding provider of education. This is a great leadership opportunity and is ideal for those of you seeking to continue your career progression. To strengthen the team structure further, our successful candidate will have an Ebacc subject specialism.
The appointed candidate will demonstrate real ambition to improve the life chances of the students at The Halley Academy. In return, you will receive encouragement, support and guidance not only to develop the academy, but also your own career within the Trust. Please consult the Job Description for further information by clicking here.
We wish to hear from you if you really want to change our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level
- a motivational and aspirational leader with high expectations of staff
- a practitioner within an Ebacc subject area
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- a competitive salary
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future
- the opportunity to assist in leading a large, currently good academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation
- the opportunity to implement the Trust’s ‘human scale education’ philosophy at The Halley Academy to drive further academic improvement.
Working with The Halley Academy: The Halley Academy has a long and illustrious heritage being the first purpose-built comprehensive in the UK in the 1950s. We became part of Leigh Academies Trust in early 2018, a highly successful multi-academy trust offering a wealth of opportunities to all of its staff and students to collaborate, develop and grow.
The Halley is a vibrant academy on an exciting journey of rapid improvement. We are a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme in Post 16 and the IB Middle Years Programme in Key Stage 3. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together to achieve and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
Our dedicated staff are the most important factor in transforming lives and delivering the best outcomes for every student. Every colleague has access to a wide range of professional development opportunities, tailored to the individual depending on aspirations and key areas of interest.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st January 2019, our Trust is comprised of 23 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 11 primaries and 1 special) educating over 15,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have three further academies in development phase, due to open in September 2020. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to.
Click here for a glimpse of what life is like working for Leigh Academies Trust and why we're so proud of what we do.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
Please use the online application function to submit your application. Shortlisting will be carried out and candidates selected for interview will be notified as early as possible – interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 23rd/Friday 24th May 2019.