At Atlantic Academy, we seek to create a safe caring and supportive learning environment that allows for individual difference and learning styles to be celebrated. Each student’s confidence, resilience and enthusiasm for learning is fostered by positive relationships with fellow students, staff and our broader community.
We are at an exciting stage in our growth, having moved to our purpose built premises in 2018, and the successful applicant for the Assistant Principal position will help to shape student experiences and outcomes for the future.
Our community of students excel in many areas; as student leaders, as passionate environmentalists, as keen photographers, geographers or mathematicians, as budding artists and athletes, as friends, as students and as learners.
As part of a larger Trust, our Academy offers a unique secondary school experience as we combine the benefits of specialist staff from a large organisation, with the community approach of a small school.
We will offer:
- A modern, well equipped school with outstanding facilities.
- A small team of dedicated and committed staff.
- An open culture which seeks to be fair, developmental, and genuinely supportive of staff and pupils.
- Opportunities to access professional development to ensure you are successful at the start and as the role develops.
- A large network across the primary and secondary settings, focusing on the 0-19 journey.
- Support from cross Trust systems and school improvement leaders.
The Assistant Principal will ensure that all pupils at Atlantic Academy have the capacity to succeed. The postholder will deputise for the Principal in their absence and will be accountable for leading, managing and developing pastoral support provision, with particular focus on safeguarding, behaviour, attendance and development of the whole student, in line with the Academy’s values. The role, in summary:
- To raise standards of student behaviour and attendance, in order to support attainment and achievement of learners in the Academy and to track, monitor and support student progress in these areas.
- To strategically lead safeguarding for Atlantic Academy.
- To manage a team of coaches and support staff in the delivery of pastoral support for all learners.
- To develop and enhance the pastoral support practice of staff in the Academy.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying PHSE, in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal of the Academy.
- To contribute to the leadership and management of the Academy through relevant leadership meetings.
The Assistant Principal will support the Principal in:
- Communicating the school’s vision compellingly and supporting the Principal’s strategic leadership.
- The day-to-day management of the school.
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the school.
- Establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives.
- Managing staff and resources to that end.
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives.
The Assistant Principal will also have a timetabled teaching commitment of 50%, complying with the Teachers’ Standards and modelling best practice for others. They will undertake an appropriate programme of teaching and will be expected to lead other staff by example. They may also be required to undertake any of the duties delegated from the Principal.
The Assistant Principal will:
- Uphold public trust in school leadership and maintain high standards of ethics, behaviour and professional conduct.
- Build positive and respectful relationships across the wider school community.
- Serve in the best interests of the school’s students.
Please explore our website https://www.atlantic.academy and read the Assistant Principal Applicant pack.
To apply for this job, please complete the application form and return to us at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Monday 19th April 2021, 9am
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Tuesday 27th April
We reserve the right to close this advert and interview and appoint earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a good response to the advert, so early applications are warmly invited.
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.
As a Trust we are always looking for teachers and senior leaders of all disciplines who might be thinking of relocating to the Southwest or looking for a new challenge. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years