Thank you for your interest regarding the position of Assistant Principal at AIM North London.
AIM North London opening in September 2019 with a centrally recruited AIM Academies Transformation Team to help lead the significant changes needed within the new academy. AIM North London opened on the site of Nightingale Academy, Enfield, and serves a diverse community.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of the AIM Transformation Team; a truly exceptional team of teachers and leaders, who are driven by a clear moral purpose and thrive in a ‘no excuses’ culture.
We have high aspirations for the Academy and the community; we hope for AIM North London to be one of the most rapidly transformed academies in the country.
We do not underestimate the magnitude, or the importance, of the job at hand. It requires huge amounts of perseverance and a constant drive for innovative excellence. However, this role will also be incredibly rewarding and will offer exciting progression for the future.
- To ensure you are at the cutting edge of pedagogical research and for this to inform your practice
- To ensure your teaching is consistently good and outstanding and outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs
- To ensure the teaching across the Academy is consistently good and outstanding and that outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs
- To ensure there is innovative and strategic support for colleagues in developing their subject knowledge, pedagogy and subject specific pedagogy
- To ensure consistently high quality practice within and between departments through rigorous quality assurance measures
- To observe regularly and develop colleagues, and act as a beacon of best pedagogical practice
- To ensure you are up to date with national and international curriculum and assessment developments
- To create, lead on and develop whole Academy continued professional development to ensure outstanding outcomes for students
- To lead on documenting and sharing case studies of best practice within the Academy
- To seek opportunities to collaborate with other Academies, innovative and high achieving schools through the AIM Academies Trust, and other relevant networks to share and develop excellent pedagogies.
If you share our core belief in a growth mindset, have a relentless focus on high standards and operate with the utmost professional integrity and humility, then we would love to hear from you. Equally, if you know other colleagues for whom this challenge would resonate, and who have a proven track record of excellence, then feel free to put them in touch with us (and let us know that you have referred them).
We would be delighted to have an informal conversation prior to application and/or arrange a visit.
We look forward to receiving your application form in due course. We wish you well and thank you once again for your interest in what we think will be a challenging and rewarding post.
Please apply by completing our application form and submitting to email@example.com by Friday 17th January 2020 at 12.00pm.