This is a great opportunity for an inspiring and committed Assistant Principal to support the progress of the Skegness Academy, focusing on leading the English faculty.
The Assistant Principal will have responsibility for the English Department and whole school literacy and will ensure high quality curriculum provision with effective teaching and learning. They will be an active member of the academy’s Raising Achievement Board with duties and responsibilities fitting to the role.
As Assistant Principal you will be expected to:
- Motivate and generate a climate where others can develop as leaders and practitioners;
- Hold others to account in the quality assurance cycle at all levels;
- Establishing and maintaining policies and practices which promote high achievement through effective teaching and learning;
- Create an environment where students and staff develop and maintain positive attitudes towards teaching and learning;
- Use data effectively to monitor and evaluate student progress; planning and implementing effective intervention to support all students to achieve highly;
- Analyse national, local and Academy data, research and inspection findings to inform curriculum area policies and practices, expectations and teaching methodologies and to report regularly to the Deputy Principal on progress and plans;
- Contribute to the Academy Improvement Plan;
- Ensure appropriate, challenging and differentiated Programmes of Study and Schemes of Work are in place for all English teaching groups and related courses;
- Secure and sustain effective teaching of the subject through structured quality assurance and rigorous monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of teaching and learning through lesson observations, feedback to teaching staff, work sampling, student interviews and reports to the Deputy Principal and Leadership Team as necessary;
- Ensure teaching and learning objectives are clear to all members of the curriculum team;
- Develop the curriculum to meet the needs of all students; introducing, planning and implementing new courses of study to meet 14-19 curriculum initiatives and KS3 developments;
- Map progress of students regularly against prior attainment and local and national norms and identify students at risk of underachieving.
To be successful you will need to:
- have the ability to positively influence teaching and learning across the academy
- be enthusiastic and passionate about the English curriculum
- have innovative techniques that can be used to improve outcomes through the faculty
- show a track record of improving outcomes for all learners
- have a proven experience of driving change and showing initiative
- be willing to identify pro-active solutions.
We are located in the seaside town of Skegness on the beautiful Lincolnshire coast. Having opened in 2010, we occupy a large site with extensive sports facilities and green space, as well as new and refurbished buildings which give pupils and staff a high-quality learning environment.
Led by Gary Carlile, Principal, we are proud of our vibrant, supportive and hardworking team that is committed to promoting high achievement in education, whilst ensuring that standards of behaviour and uniform are impeccable. Pupils are supported to not only achieve highly but also to ensure they are prepared for their future through a variety of enrichment opportunities.
Being part of the Greenwood Academies Trust, you can be assured that you will be contributing to helping support our mission to enable every child to do their best. All our academies work collaboratively together to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the central team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning. As a GAT employee, you will also receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Trust’s Learning Alliance to enhance your professional growth.
We would love to invite perspective candidates to come and visit the Academy to have the opportunity to meet the new senior team and discuss the role; if you would like to visit, please contact Jayne Abbott, PA to the Principal on 01754 879123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit https://app.kallidusrecruit.com/GreenwoodAcademiesTrust/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=31165
Closing date: 17th March 2019 at midnight.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.