Harris Academy Bermondsey is currently looking to appoint a talented, inspirational Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Assessment to join our outstanding team.
Ready to take the next step in your teaching career? Help lead exceptional practice at Harris Academy Bermondsey. As Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Assessment, you will join a enthusiastic, dedicated Senior Leadership Team in providing transformative practice across the academy. This is a varied role offering opportunity for work across multiple areas of personal development within the school and is likely suited to someone with similar experience. There is ample opportunity to grow and evolve with academy and federation wide CPD opportunities. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. In place of academy interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy premises.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
What we are looking for
- We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
- To assist the Executive Principal and the Principal in the strategic and operational management, development and leadership of the Academy, and ensure the achievement of our ethos, aims and objectives within the context of the Academy’s strategic and development plans.
- To be in charge of a range of responsibilities within the Academy and to develop, maintain and operate appropriate systems for quality assurance in all aspects of our operations.
About Harris Academy Bermondsey:
Harris Academy Bermondsey is a girls' school in the heart of London with drive and ambition. Ofsted rates us as Outstanding in every category, and we are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our young women, ensuring that they have every opportunity to succeed by identifying and nurturing each one's individual talents. Our uncompromising but caring approach to education has put us as one of the highest performing schools nationally for student progress and has led to GCSE results that are above the national average.
Why work at Harris Academy Bermondsey?
- An ‘Outstanding’ school, where you will join a very strong team of well qualified teaching and support staff
- A smart, welcoming environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant central London location, easily accessible by Underground and mainline rail services
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.