Posting Date: 18.11.2020
Closing Date: 17.01.2021
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong opened in 2018. A primary school, we provide almost 1,000 places for children aged between 3 and 11 years old.
Operating within a world-class and purpose built facility, students and teachers enjoy wide access to our swimming pools, sports hall, dance studio, gymnastics centre, auditorium and recital suite. These spaces, among others, have been designed bespoke for primary aged children.
The school enjoys an advantageous setting in Tseung Kwan O - easily accessible by road and MTR, it also benefits from the strongest of partnerships with Shrewsbury School in the UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk).
The Assistant Principal will:
- Report directly to the Principal as part of the Senior Leadership Team;
- Lead with high expectation and an attention to detail;
- Liaise closely with parents of Shrewsbury students;
- Share responsibility for the operational management of The School in keeping with our mission statement and key objectives;
- Support the ongoing process of policy review and implementation;
- Work closely with representative academic committees in the development of a knowledge rich curriculum, sensitive to the needs of all students;
- Monitor and track student attainment to ensure that expectations remain ambitious and challenging;
- Support the cyclical delivery of high quality reports and Parent Teacher Conferences;
- Manage and direct the Middle Leadership Team to secure the successful delivery and development of our thematic curriculum;
- Lead the Performance Management cycle;
- Support the delivery of successful accreditation;
- Take a lead role in the assembly programme to ensure that support the development of a culture of purpose, discipline and ambition;
- Play a key role in all selection of new academic staff;
- Support the promotion of The School and the administration of admissions.
The Assistant Principal will:
- Be a fully qualified teacher with QTS and have a minimum of seven years of post-qualification experience to include substantial experience of educational leadership;
- Have a full understanding of the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage profile and experience of working with English language learners;
- Be passionate about the development of young people;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, good judgement and a willingness to lead proactively;
- Be able to manage a range of tasks simultaneously and to demonstrate a clear understanding of priorities and delegation;
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the performance of staff and students;
- Cultivate strong, respectful relationships;
- Be honest, diligent, reliable and resilient;
- Lead with sincerity and integrity;
- Have a pioneering attitude and a good sense of humour.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Attend regular in-house child protection and safeguarding programmes and sign a Code of Conduct;
- Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any concerns they have for the welfare of a student;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in The School’s Speak Out Policy;
- Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract;
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport);
- 3 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract;
- Verification of original qualifications.
Full details of the school are available on our website at http://www.shrewsbury.hk.
Any queries should be forwarded to our HR Assistant Manager, Ms Angie Wong at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong (SHK)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years