Assistant Principal Inclusion
Full-time – April 2020
Salary: L10 – 14 (salary negotiable based on experience)
At Magna Academy we are wholly ambitious for every student to have an education that will give them an enriching and fulfilling life. Our Academy is a vibrant and exciting place to work and was graded as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in June 2015 and December 2018. In 2018, Magna achieved a Progress 8 score of 1.15, placing us 24th nationally (top 1%) and has achieved excellent results again in 2019. Progress 8 score of 1.17, placing us 17th nationally. We value our staff highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure teachers can really focus on the core purpose – teaching in a sustainable way.
What we offer:
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD starts as soon as you are appointed
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to check/mark KS3 homework
- Opportunity to teach at KS3, KS4 and potentially KS5
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities
- A professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom via our Lead Practitioner (LP) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) routes
- State of the art facilities and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher of their subject
- a successful leader with proven middle/senior leadership experience, who will play an important role in leading the Academy into its next stage of development
- a qualified SENCO with experience of raising achievement, leading change and with the ability to motivate staff and students
- someone who does whatever it takes to ensure the life chances of all our students are maximised
- Someone who believes in maintaining the highest standards
- Specific job description will be dependent upon the candidate’s background & experiences
The Assistant Principal Inclusion will take responsibility for the strategic oversight of safeguarding and the inclusion policy including provision for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. They will lead and coordinate SEND provision across the academy. In addition, they will coordinate the management of issues relating to students who temporarily or permanently have difficulty accessing the curriculum at an age appropriate level.
Whole Academy responsibilities may change over time to help provide the candidate with further experiences and skill development to support career development and promotion opportunities. This role provides an outstanding range of experiences and skill development that will help facilitate further promotion.
As a full member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Assistant Principal Inclusion will also share the corporate responsibility necessary to ensure the continued outstanding operational provision of the Academy and will also play a major role in determining future strategy for the Academy.
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
How to Apply:
Please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an on-line application.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 604222 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Friday 6th December 2019
Interviews: Week Beginning 9th December 2019
Learn more about Magna Academy at: www.magna-aspirations.org
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.