A rare and exciting opportunity to join our leadership team “The school is exceptionally well led by the headteacher. She is relentless in her drive to secure the very best provision for all pupils of Hovingham Primary School.”
Join Hovingham Primary, Leeds, to inspire our children to ‘aim high’. We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Assistant Principal could this be you?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Assistant Principal. Our vision is simple, to be a great school with a great team, with an ethos underpinned by our values: respect, tolerance, perseverance and creativity.
We are set in the developing inner-city community of Harehills, we're lucky enough to serve the children that make Leeds a diverse metropolis of language and culture, with over 41 languages spoken, 759 NOR and a staff team of 100, we are not your ordinary school, which is why we are looking for the extraordinary.
Team Hovingham thrives on the quality of our amazing teachers who give our children engaging, enriched educational experiences delivered through passion and care.
Candidates need to be committed to delivering the best learning opportunities for every child; remove the stubborn learning challenges many of our children face so that every child succeeds.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers is paramount to what we do. Social mobility is an issue in Harehills; which is why we continuously set out to transform standards at Hovingham. We are committed to ensuring that every child in Harehills has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential. Join us in creating spaces of learning where children are nurtured for their potential and given the tools necessary to shape their own future.
If you share the same passion for inspiring the next generation, then apply below!
As part of Team Hovingham, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in Leeds, rising to the challenges and opportunities of the area we serve.
With a multitude of opportunities to progress your career and outstanding CPD.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented leader who wants to be a part of transforming education and helping to create an exceptional place of learning.
You should be knowledgeable about and experienced in implementing current good practice across all areas of teaching, EAL practices and a strong pedagogical knowledge in both English and Maths.
We are looking for people who enjoy teaching, have a desire to contribute to the development of our great school and are hungry for development.
We are looking for leaders with:
• Excellent classroom practice and experience of working in upper KS2.
• Effective communication skills and a commitment to a collaborative team approach.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Energy, loyalty, passion and integrity.
• An ambition to develop further.
• High aspirations for all children, themselves and a desire to raise standards.
• QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree.
• NPQSL/NPQML or further leadership qualifications.
• An understanding of STEM education, particularly maths.
What we can offer you:
• A new two-storey building, which is a bright, modern and welcoming place for children to be.
• Every lesson at our school is creative and there is plenty of time for children to think, to talk, to discover and wonder.
• Each child is taught in the way that suits them best and we step in quickly if a change is needed.
Leeds employee Benefits:
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
• Active Leeds memberships which include the following benefits:
2 months free
Take out any annual membership (Excluding LLGA annual) with a single payment and receive 2 months free compare to the equivalent 12 month direct debit option.
• Book free personal fitness programmes with our fitness team, who will help you plan the best workout to reach your goals
• Book fitness classes up to 9 days in advance, so you never miss a spot at your favourite workout!
• Receive discounts on sports activities and booking sports courts at our leisure centre.
• Access to West Yorkshire Pension Fund.
• Access to Education Support Partnership which is service that provides members with access to advice and support for wellbeing, legal guidance, counselling, and various other things.
If you like what you have read so far then please attend our Recruitment Event on Monday 23rd March at 4pm. As a potential candidate, this is where you'll get a unique insight into the Hovingham way.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Team Hovingham and would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, contact Reeshka Adams on 0113 248 9537 or email email@example.com.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
The closing date is 12 noon on Friday 3rd April 2020. When submitting your application please can you also submit a handwritten letter addressed to the children at Hovingham outlining Why Hovingham? and Why now?
Interviews will take place week commencing 20th April 2020.