Aldar Education are currently seeking for an outstanding Assistant Principal (Learning and Teaching) for Mubarak Bin Mohammed Charter School for next Academic year 2022-2023.
Successful candidates will have a ‘can do’ attitude, as life in a Charter School can
be challenging at times, but equally highly rewarding, as our impact upon student
learning is clearly visible every day. A sense of humour is vital too!
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos
and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools
and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
• To actively assist the Principal in developing a culture of high-quality learning throughout the school, improving and celebrating success.
• To actively assist the Principal in creating an atmosphere and the necessary structures in which students and staff feel valued and have high expectations of themselves and each other.
• To have a specific teaching role that meets the various needs of the school at any one point in time.
• To lead, develop and manage the curriculum across the school.
• To encompass the five key areas of school leadership, under the direction of the Principal:
(a) Strategic direction and development of the school
(b) Learning and teaching
(c) Leading and managing staff
(d) Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
Strategic Direction and Development of the School
As part of the Leadership Team the Assistant Principal will assist the Principal to:
• Secure and sustain effective learning and teaching throughout the school, the Assistant Principal, modelling and leading excellent classroom practice.
• Play a leading role in the development of high standards in classroom organisation and the learning environment.
• Promote a culture of learning and reflective practice in liaison with the staff team.
• Taking a leading role in the implementation and review of the Positive Behaviour and Anti-bullying Policies throughout the school.
• Taking a leading role in pastoral care of students.
• Monitor, evaluate and review the quality of learning and teaching and standards of vulnerable students’ achievements and identify strategies for improvement in liaison with staff.
• Create and promote positive strategies for equal opportunities throughout the learning community.
• Develop an effective partnership with parents and the wider community, supporting and enriching vulnerable students’ learning.
Specific Responsibilities – Learning and Teaching
• Identify and secure the implementation of appropriate strategies to develop a classroom environment and teaching practice which secures effective learning across the breadth of the curriculum.
• Take responsibility for the development and monitoring of a curriculum area(s) or whole school curriculum aspect(s) as agreed from time to time.
• Provide a professional model for others, clearly demonstrating effective teaching, classroom organisation and display high standards of achievement, behaviour and discipline; demonstrate personal commitment to quality and excellence, and resolution in achieving them.
• Undertake an appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the duties of a standard scale teacher as outlined in the general job description.
• Support the SLT in the monitoring of the quality of teaching and student achievement including lesson observation and the evaluation of performance data.
• Support the SLT in the management and organisation of relevant groups of students to ensure effective teaching and learning takes place and that their personal development needs are met, including the most able, POD (SEND) and ELL students.
• Support the training, development and coaching of teaching staff so as to ensure that quality of teaching and pupil progress is extremely strong.
• Maintain a teaching timetable and teach outstanding lessons that motivate, inspire and improve student attainment.
• Co-ordinate Quality Assurance Programme across the school.
• Plan and implement whole school CPD sessions in partnership with the SLT.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification.
- 6 years’ experience, including 4 consecutive years teaching performance exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by Performance Appraisal
- To pass the personal interview conducted in the Council and to have the required level in Arabic and/ or English language or the language applied in the curriculum of the school and determined by the relevant authority in UAE.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent via the TES website.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.