Assistant Principal Maths (Trumpington Community College)
Salary: Leadership £46,500-£51,500 (negotiable depending on experience)
Closing Date: Friday 22 January 2021 at 12:00pm
Interviews: w/c 25th January 2021
Can you lead our Maths department to achieve excellent outcomes for our students?
Do you want to be part of a team, on an exciting 'turnaround' journey, where you will help make a lasting impact on our students, many of whom are disadvantaged, so they can make a success of their lives?
Do you believe in disruption free learning, 'Education with Character' and a 'warm:strict' ethos?
Do you believe in teaching powerful knowledge through explicit direct instruction?
This position provides a unique and rare opportunity and is a genuinely exciting opportunity to work in a high performing and forward thinking member of SLT. It therefore provides an excellent opportunity for an existing Head of Department to broaden their experience before Leadership. You will work closely with SLT and the wider United Learning Leadership Teams.
For further information about the academies please go to https://trumpington.education
It is a very exciting time to join Trumpington Community College and play a role in the transformational journey we are currently undergoing. The school is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Trumpington Community College is part of United Learning Cambridge Cluster, a group of 5 schools within United Learning which is a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. The schools benefit from working very closely within the cluster of Cambridge Cluster and the wider United Learning group. We work as a team and achieve more, by sharing, than any single school could.
We believe that the school will provide an excellent education for all students by 2022. We are looking for someone that shares this belief and passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. Someone that does not make excuses.
We are values-driven and our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives. Our most important purpose is to teach young people things they would not learn outside school which empower them. We believe that ‘Knowledge Is Power’. We believe in teaching through explicit/direct instruction (Rosenshine and Engelmann) and utilising TLAC 2.0 techniques. Our mission is to bring out ‘the best in everyone’. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We also believe in ‘Education with Character’ – we want young people to look back on a schooling that has inspired and challenged them, given them wide opportunity and prepared them for the ups and downs of life. We are driven by ‘REACH’ values: Respect, Enthusiasm, Ambition, Confidence and Hardwork.
We value our staff highly, and treat workload very seriously. Our systems are high leverage, ensuring you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour.
What we offer:
- Huge support from the Principal
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm:strict’ behaviour system
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to mark KS3 homework
- Same-day centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the United Learning Cambridge Cluster
- Opportunity to complete the NPQSL
- Up to 8 INSET days per year, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
- An unrivalled professional progression model
- A very pleasant location in beautiful Cambridge
Trumpington Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of age 11 - 16 years