Studio West is an exciting studio school, which opened in September 2014. As part of Kenton School’s Academy Trust, Studio West cater for around 400 students aged between 11 and 19 with student numbers increasing year on year. We are expected to reach 650 at full capacity.
The ethos of Studio West is enshrined in ‘Learning that connects.’ The principle that learning must constantly connect school with the real world is at the very core of everything we do. Project-based learning runs through the veins of our curriculum and our assessment is seamless from Key Stage three to four. We use the full range of work-related learning and career progression alongside academic prowess to prepare students for university, an apprenticeship, further training and employment - tailored to the needs of the individual.
Graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in early 2019, we are one of the most successful studio schools in the country. We know the key to our success is having a strong team committed to the ethos of the school with the skills, dedication and passion to motivate and instil high expectations in every student.
As our school and team grow, we are delighted to be in a position to grow our leadership team with the introduction this Assistant Principal role. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to join the team who will lead by example, demonstrate best practice in all aspects of Teaching and Learning, Assessment and Behaviour for Learning. We are seeking candidates with a thorough understanding of the local and national issues surrounding the provision of secondary education and who can combine interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills with professional credibility to positively engage all school stakeholders. Above all you will be a team player with a relentless drive.
More importantly, however, we are seeking candidates with an absolute commitment to our core aim of ensuring that all students within our school achieve their potential, whatever their barriers, background, social status, gift or need.
If you are the person we are looking for you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record of effectively leading a department or significant curriculum/leadership area.
- Demonstrable experience driving performance improvements in that area or the wider school.
- An ability to think and act strategically with sensitivity to organisational and wider political priorities to deliver high quality outcomes.
- An ability to present views and opinions in discussion which contribute to positive outcomes including the ability to challenge, give feedback and accept feedback constructively.
- A proven track record of people, resource and financial management.
- An ability to demonstrate high expectations and to instil these in others.
- An unfaltering work ethic and resilience and commitment to the studio school ethos.
This is a challenging role, but an exciting one too, where you will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of the school and the community we so proudly serve.
How to Apply
You can apply through the TES website by clicking the Quick Apply button. Alternatively, you can download and application pack from www.kenton.newcastle.sch.uk.
Closing date: Noon on 9 April 2021
Kenton Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in our schools to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families.
Studio West - Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Mainstream school with state - studio school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 19 years