About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to develop as a leader in an exciting environment.
- We are looking for a driven, experienced individual with high expectations who will:
- Value our children as individuals
- Be ambitious for all of our children’s outcomes both academic and beyond
- Will seize on the potential of all individuals and aide them to excel
- Be a strong leader in our community who is passionate about education
- You will have a strong, clear vision for education and a track record for outstanding leadership. Rigorously ensuring the delivery of high quality teaching and learning. You will support us in establishing a healthy safe, caring environment where every child can reach their potential in welcoming and strong community.
Main purpose of the role:
- The specific responsibilities for our Assistant Principal will be agreed dependent on the skills, expertise and experience of the successful candidate. The Assistant Principal should be prepared to lead on areas such as the development of teacher effectiveness and outstanding teaching and learning strategies, improving outcomes for children, development of an outstanding culture for learning, staff development, training and induction.
- Under the direction of the Principal – plan a lead role in establishing the aims, objectives for the Academy and the policies through which they are achieved.
- To make strategic evaluation of teaching, learning and personnel.
- To support the Academy in securing exceptional education for all children and the continuous improvement of teaching and learning in the Academy
- To take responsibility for teaching a class as set out in School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document as necessary
- To take responsibility for child protection issue as appropriate
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the Academy
Expectations of Leadership:
We believe that our leaders occupy an influential position in society and shape the profession. We see our leaders as lead professionals and significant role models within the community we serve. The values and ambitions of our leaders determine the achievements of our Academy. They are accountable for the education of current and future generations of children. Leadership has a decisive impact on the quality of teaching and children’s achievement in all classrooms. Our leaders lead by example the professional conduct and practice of teachers in a way that minimises unnecessary workload and leaves room for high quality continuous professional development for staff. They secure a climate for the exemplary behaviour of children. They set standards and expectations for high academic success recognising differences and respecting cultural diversity within contemporary Britain. Leaders are outward facing and develop high quality professional networks, which support the development of exceptional education within our Academy.
- The post holder will be subject to performance objectives agreed annually.
- The post holder is expected to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Principal.
- To take on any whole school initiative or responsibility that the Principal may direct.
- The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This Job Description and Person Specification may be renegotiated by the Principal if the Academy faces changing circumstances
Oasis Community Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks Oasis Academies exists to provide a rich and balanced educational environment which caters for the whole person - academically, vocationally, socially, morally, spiritually, physically, emotionally and environmentally. Our task is to serve our learners as well as to provide a learning hub for the entire community. In this way we will raise aspirations, unlock potential and work to achieve excellence through encouraging a ‘can do’ culture which nurtures confident and competent people.
Oasis Academy Don Valley
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 16 years
Oasis Academy Don Valley
We are delighted that you are considering joining our Oasis Academy Don Valley Family.
Our All-through Academy is open to children aged from 2-16 years of age. We are located on Leeds Road, in the Darnall and Attercliffe area...