Your opportunity to shine and inspire at Oasis Academy Oldham
Join us on our journey
Assistant Principal -with responsibility for English
Highly competitive and negotiable salary for an exceptional candidate
Do you want to be a leader in a forward thinking, dynamic and supportive school that is rapidly growing in reputation?
If so, then Oasis Academy Oldham is the school for you.
We are on a strong trajectory. Results are strengthening and, following a 20 percentage point increase in combined in the last two years, we are amongst the most improved schools in the North West. Ofsted has praised the progress that is being made and our ethos and outstanding £30 million state-of-the-art facilities ensure we are a vital hub for our community.
Our ambitions are high. We are looking for a talented and inspiring Assistant Principal with responsibility for English to help us continue this progress and ensure that we are developing respectful and confident learners to achieve excellence for all.
This is a role in which you will be able to make a real impact. You will be a member of a committed, driven senior leadership team whilst supporting and leading a dedicated and talented English faculty looking to embrace new ideas. The role requires someone who has a clear vision and will be able to lead and develop the faculty at a strategic level on our journey to outstanding.
In return, we can offer a firm commitment to professional development. Our school is an exciting place where talent and dedication is nurtured, recognised and rewarded. As Ofsted stated in their last inspection; “Teachers appreciate the many opportunities that they have to improve their practice through more training”.
Furthermore, through Oasis Community Learning, the opportunities to further your career are significant. Oasis has, for example, recently been successful in a bid to open a secondary free school within Oldham. This partner school will enhance the career opportunities available – making this a very attractive position for someone committed to furthering their career in education.
The school is dedicated to meeting the needs of our community, but excellent transport links to Manchester and our proximity to the M60 mean that our staff are able easily able to reach us from a much wider area.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
· Demonstrate strong leadership skills and prove to be a dynamic and supportive member of the Leadership Team
· Provide professional leadership to secure high quality teaching through improved standards of learning, progress and attainment for all students
. Be responsible for the development of the English faculty, providing clear direction and a sense of purpose.
· Engage, enthuse, motivate and challenge students to raise achievement at all levels, and provide the very best educational opportunities for the students
· Be an inspirational team player and have a passion for enabling change for students and across the wider community.
In return you can expect:
· A highly competitive salary and benefits including a generous pension scheme and access to our outstanding onsite gym, which is free to staff members
· Excellent and extensive opportunities for professional development
· The opportunity to join an organisation with a national reputation for consistently improving results and facilitating community transformation.
· Regional and national support towards career progression
· A supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team who prioritise staff and value every individual
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, building on our success and joining us on our exciting journey to become an outstanding academy, we would love to hear from you.
The Principal welcomes an informal conversation either by phone or school visit.
To learn more about us or to download an application pack, visit our website: www.oasisacademyoldham.orgor email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 12.00 noon on Tuesday 26th September 2017
Interviews will be held week commencing 2nd October 2017
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529 and is an exempt charity under the terms of the Charities Act 1993 and 2006.