We seek a motivated, innovative and ambitious strategic leader to join our strong leadership team. Reporting to the Principal, the successful candidate will provide the strategic lead for Maths/Teaching and Learning. This is a great opportunity to build or extend a leadership profile, in a school that has a singular focus on improving students' life chances.
The successful candidate will:
- work with the Principal and SLT in leading and developing an effective Maths curriculum and faculty
- support the Vice Principal in leading teaching, learning and assessment across the Academy
- lead teaching, learning and assessment across Maths and report effectiveness of systems and procedures to the SLT.
- assist the Principal in shaping the vision of the school, with specific regard to the development of numeracy across the academy
- support the Strategic Senior Lead Teacher for STEM in coordinating and developing the STEM curriculum with leaders across the academy
- work with the Principal and Vice Principal in leading out the Strategic School Improvement Funding (SSIF) strategies with partners across Cheshire East and Cheshire West, and take a lead role in ensuring that the academy is fully connected to the emerging school-led system
- assist the Principal in effective self-evaluation of academy performance
- support the Principal and Vice Principal (Teaching) in ensuring optimum effectiveness in all performance indicators
- support the Principal in the delivery of the Academy Development Plan
Application packs and further information can be obtained by emailing our Hays Recruitment Partner, Daniel Burgess, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0161 228 7300 or 07966 129 657. Visits to our school are warmly encouraged and can also be arranged by contacting Daniel Burgess.
To find out more about working at Sir William Stanier Community School, please visit http://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/sir-william-stanier-community-school
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday 8th May 2018
Interviews: w/c 14th May 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening including an Enhanced check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.