Harris Westminster Sixth Form is looking to hire a qualified teacher as Assistant Principal for September 2018. You should be both passionate about preparing London’s most able state school students for entry to the world’s top universities, and keen to join a highly academic and successful sixth form environment.
A 2016 Ofsted inspection found Harris Westminster Sixth Form to be Outstanding in all areas, confirming our status as London’s leading state sixth form for able students. Harris Westminster combines the strengths of Westminster School in teaching academically able students with the Harris Federation’s experience in establishing and running outstanding maintained sector schools. We take full advantage of our location just off Parliament Square to provide students with a vibrant and stimulating academic environment including weekly guest lectures in school. We are highly over-subscribed, academically selective and have a varied student cohort including 40% Pupil Premium. 17 students from our 2016/17 cohort went on to study at Oxbridge. We are looking for outstanding individuals to join this exciting and scholarly community.
We are looking for an Assistant Principal:
- To share direct accountability for the successful delivery of the vision for Harris Westminster Sixth Form (HWSF) as a whole
- To lead, plan, manage and ensure the successful delivery of the HWSF vision for individual student achievement (in terms of academic success and university destination) that meets or surpasses expectation
- To assist in the day to day running of the Sixth Form
- To ensure that students and staff support the HWSF ethos
- To support the Principal and Vice Principal in delivering high levels of teaching and learning
- To be a member of the Leadership Team, taking a corporate view of policy implementation and an appropriate share of the many and various tasks required of Academy leaders
- To ensure that all students have maximum support and opportunities to reach their full potential
- To build effective and cohesive staff teams
- To play a lead part in the HWSF community
- Who holds QTS (or equivalent) and a good undergraduate degree
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach some of the brightest young minds in London and open up the world’s most prestigious universities to them
- Support, CPD and networking with subject experts at Westminster School and from across the Harris Federation
- A positive and innovative learning environment where teaching is spread across six days per week
- Opportunities to deliver Cultural Perspectives classes in areas of knowledge that are of particular interest to you
- Excellent prospects for future promotion
As part of the Harris Federation, you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation with superb professional development and promotion opportunities within both the Sixth Form and the Harris Federation. If you are committed to the learning and well-being of London’s teenagers, we welcome your application.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.