About the role
To provide outstanding leadership of the English curriculum, and raise aspirations, standards and outcomes for students. To develop reading, writing and oracy across the curriculum, having a critical impact on Academy improvement.
Salary & Benefits
- Leadership Pay Scale
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Subject Degree qualifications
- Evidenced experience of manipulating and interrogating large and complex data sets
- Very strong track of professional development
- Middle Leadership experience with evidence of successful project / system management
- Excellent knowledge of the new English curriculum across all key stages
- The ability to plan strategically, to set out clear aims and objectives and to manage transformational change successfully
- The ability to carry out rigorous self-evaluation and review and to act on the findings in order to bring about improvement
- The ability to lead and manage individuals and teams of staff so as to bring out the best in them and the best outcomes for students
- The ability to provide effective support to staff so as to ensure the maintenance of good conduct and relationships
- A record of consistently delivering good or outstanding lessons and good outcomes for students
- An in depth knowledge of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment for learning
- A thorough understanding of how to use performance data to monitor standards of attainment and to plan appropriate interventions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and confidence in the use of new technologies
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation’s vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Havelock Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.