Science Technician: Grade 2, Point 3-5 £15,894 - £16,537 (Actual)
Term time only + inset days (39 weeks per year), 37 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy is a Good school with Outstanding Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. (Ofsted October 2017) A warm and inclusive environment supports the continued high levels of academic achievement attained by pupils. Our innovative curriculum offer provides staff with opportunities to be creative within their subject area whilst ensuring students are developed both personally and academically.
At Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy, we go the extra mile for our young people. We are committed to providing outstanding teaching and learning to enable every child to be the best that they can be. Our vision is that all Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy students will be exceptional learners, experiencing a world class education.
What we are looking for:
• A strong work ethic and a passion for Science;
• The ability to conduct tasks quickly with a keen eye for detail;
• Experience of setting up equipment in a laboratory environment for practical lessons;
• A good knowledge of CLEAPSS and COSHH laboratory safety regulations;
• An excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Preparation of materials for science lessons and equipment for practical sessions;
• Maintenance of science equipment;
• Storage and disposal of chemicals and resources (in line with Health & Safety regulations)
• Maintaining a safe and organised prep room;
• Assisting with demonstrations in conjunction with science teachers
We will offer you:
Professional and personal development;
Excellent support from an experienced team;
Friendly staff and motivated students;
An empowered workforce with a genuine voice in improving the Academy further;
A unified, dedicated and supportive team of staff
At Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews, we recruit those people who display the character and competence to really drive our academy forward and accelerate achievement standards for all our students. It is therefore essential that candidates can identify with, and be committed to, upholding the values of the Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews ethos.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference to the future of education with an academy that is ever improving and striving to be outstanding. If you share the academy's vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and our community, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please click the below link to apply:
Closing date for applications: 24th September 21
Interviews to be held: W/C 27th September 21
Start date: ASAP
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
At Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy we go the extra mile for our young people and are committed to achieving our vision that:
“All OSSMA students will be exceptional learners, experiencing a world class education”.
We are a good school with outsta...