Assistant Site Manager
Start Date: October 2021
Full Time; Permanent post: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday; Full Time Full Year. 52 weeks.
Salary: Band C - Points 8 - 14; £20,493 - £23,080 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 27 September 2021
Interview Date: 4 October 2021
The Assistant Site Manager’s main role is to work with the Site Manager to ensure a safe, secure and clean environment for all the staff and students at Solihull Academy.
Solihull Academy is a free school, situated in Solihull, just minutes off junction 4 of the M42 which opened in April 2018, catering for up to 130 Year 7-11 pupils that ensures all students across the Local Authority have access to a high-quality alternative educational provision.
We are looking for an Assistant Site Manager to be part of our existing team to be responsible for maintaining the school site to high standards.
Working with the Site Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Take a role in making the school a safe environment for all
- Provide timely and practical repairs to the school site; a knowledge of basic DIY skills including plastering, is required
- Be reasonably fit to cope with the lifting and carrying involved in the role
- Assist with managing access to the premises and maintain security
- Work with and support our students and their learning
- Ensure effective communication between staff, contractors and others as appropriate.
- Ensure the school is open, and staffed for all school activities and agreed lettings.
If you are a team player who is interested in working with young people in an innovative classroom environment, perhaps with previous experience as an Assistant Site Manager in an educational environment please refer to our school website www.sa.solihull.sch.uk.
Application forms and further information are also available to download from the Solihull Academy website www.sa.solihull.sch.uk, or requested and be returned via email to HR@sa.solihull.sch.uk. Alternatively, applications can be returned by post to: FAO Stephen Steinhaus, Executive Principal, Solihull Academy, The Quadrangle, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4LE. Only applications submitted on a Solihull Academy Application form will be permitted. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
- aged under 25
- not in employment, education or training
- from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the local BAME and LGBT+ communities
Solihull Academy is committed to the protection and safety of its students. Posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure by the Disclosure Barring Service
- Alternative provision with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 16 years