Assistant Subject Leader in MFL
Required from Easter 2020
(Full Time – Permanent)
Salary – MPS / UPR - TLR 2a £2806
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Assistant Subject Leader of MFL to join our dedicated and hardworking department. The successful candidate will be required to teach both French and Spanish to all abilities in KS3 and KS4. We are looking for a candidate who will motivate, challenge and inspire students to be the best that they can be, someone who is enthusiastic, resourceful, has high expectations and is committed to the distinctive ethos of our school.
This is an exciting time to join St. Anne’s as we continue to develop strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
As the Assistant Subject Leader of MFL, you will be fundamental in delivering:
• A diverse curriculum personalised to all students of all backgrounds and abilities.
• Teaching and learning that challenges, inspires and fulfils students’ aspirations and career prospects; fostering a genuine love for learning a modern foreign language.
• A climate of high aspirations centred around wellbeing, commitment to our students and dedication.
• Be passionate about learning languages
• Work collaboratively alongside other members of the Modern Foreign Languages department to ensure that schemes of learning and other teaching materials are kept up to date and inspire pupils to learn a language.
• Be passionate about providing extra-curricular activities, including overseas trips, which support the learning of languages beyond the curriculum
• Communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
• Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
• Be a team player and go the extra mile to uphold school values
The successful candidate will also benefit from:
• A supportive and nurturing environment that provides high quality, professional, developmental experiences and opportunities.
St. Anne’s is on an exciting journey and we are seeing rapid improvements in all aspects of our school life including the attendance and outcomes of our students. We are striving for improvement and are reaping the benefits already of the changes we are implementing in our school.
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then your application will be warmly welcomed.
Our strong Catholic Ethos at St Anne’s means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
On behalf of our students, thank you for your interest in our school.
For details of the post and an Application Pack please contact Mrs Sue Swire, PA to the Headteacher on 0161 432 8162, Option 6 or email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 24th January 2020 9.00am
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, therefore early application is advised. Strong candidates may be invited to interview prior to role’s closing date.