Assistant Teacher - Mathematics
Dates: Apply by Monday 22nd October 2018
Contract type: Full Time/ Part Time (hours to suit)
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Starting Salary of £18,500 per annum
Start Date: November 2018
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint a talented, supportive, adaptable individual to take on the role of Assistant Teacher - Mathematics. The role has many aspects including:
- Supporting a range of mixed ability pupils, to make more than expected progress in Mathematics
- Developing their understanding and application of all aspects of Mathematics including algebra, number, geometry, rates of change and proportion, probability and statistics.
- Developing confidence in understanding of the Mathematics
- Offering extra-curricular activities as part of our integrated programme
The role would suit a candidate with experience of working in a supportive role in a school environment, or a graduate seeking experience of such an environment prior to embarking on a programme to gain qualified teacher status.
In return we will offer you:
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- Opportunities to develop a broad range of skills in a vibrant and evolving environment
- Opportunities to progress to a career in teaching via the Schools Direct programme where viable
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families. In September 2018 the school moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Apply by Monday 22nd October 2018
Interviews to take place: Wednesday 24th October 2018
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.