Now is an exciting time to join our dedicated staff body. As a member of staff at a fast paced, forward thinking organisation, you will genuinely be changing lives. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy while working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers and leaders. If you can offer an absolute focus on raising educational standards coupled with an infectious passion for learning and success, then Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
We have a deep and genuine commitment to provide an education that is unsurpassed anywhere in the world. At Westminster Academy, we believe that ‘Education is Success’. By providing all our students with a world class education, we prepare them to be competitive on the international stage.
We have huge ambition and aspiration for each and every student, and our commitment to their success is combined with excellent pastoral support to make sure that students feel safe, secure and successful at all times. We enable our students to discover genuine interests that extend beyond the classroom and to express themselves by encouraging a broad understanding of the world, a social conscience and a considerate approach to other people.
At Westminster Academy students develop a passion for learning and a capacity for independent thinking. We have a strong record of academic success which is reflected in our outstanding GCSE and IB results. Both achievement and progress are well above the national average. Students also excel in sports and expressive arts and develop as well rounded and confident global citizens. We offer a wide-ranging academic and vocational curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and Career-related Programme in our Sixth Form.
True to the aims of our sponsors, we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and we foster a real sense of communal endeavour. We are an inclusive, positive, stimulating and demanding open-minded community. We are always keen to hear from outstanding teachers and leaders who share our high expectations and deep moral purpose.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our vibrant and thriving Academy for an outstanding Assistant Vice Principal who is inspirational, dynamic, innovative and ready for the challenge of joining an exceptional senior leadership team in the sixth most deprived constituency in the country and therefore making a genuine difference to the young people in our community. We are searching for an applicant who is well qualified, driven, ambitious for Headship within the next four to five years and has the ability to hit the ground running.
You should have a passion for Inclusion and be able to evidence the impact you have made on these students’ lives.
In this role, you will work closely with the Vice Principal for Behaviour and Inclusion. You will also be responsible for overseeing Safeguarding with the Designated Safeguarding Lead. A strong vision and evidence of exciting and creative leadership are essential.
Are you that special leader? We are looking for someone who:
· is passionate about improving the quality of teaching and learning across the school;
· maintains uncompromisingly high expectations for themselves, staff and students;
· believes in the Academy’s vision, values and ethos;
· has a proven track record of improving progress and outcomes for students;
· has experience delivering inspirational INSET and CPD;
· is an inspirational leader, a measured risk-taker and a self-starter.
What we offer:
· a key leadership role in a unique and high performing Academy;
· an innovative educational concept including delivery of the IB curriculum;
· excellent programme of continuing professional development;
· the opportunity to develop personally and professionally;
· the chance to shape the future of the academy;
· the opportunity to work with a talented group of teachers and leaders;
· the opportunity to work with an ambitious group of students;
· an excellent staff wellbeing programme;
· unique Academy working with autonomy, supported by committed and dedicated sponsors;
· a real commitment to staff wellbeing including offering access to the local gym, Perkbox, and weekly fitness sessions.
Westminster Academy is working in partnership with Propelo to recruit to these leadership roles. For an informal conversation (in complete confidence) please contact Corrina O’Beirne on: 01273 222 877 or James Sturdy: on 01904 567818.
To find out more and to apply please visit: https://westminsteracademy.our-careers.co.uk/
All completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com
Closing date: 7 May 2018.
Interview date: 17 & 18 May 2018.
Westminster Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.