‘There is a culture which emphasises learning, the celebration of success and teamwork’ Ofsted 2016
‘Enhanced provision for SEND students and a better understanding of their learning needs together with improvements in teaching mean they currently learn as well as others’ Ofsted 2016
New Forest Academy is a successful and popular 11-16 community school adjacent to the New Forest National Park and we are proud to serve the South Waterside community in Hampshire.
With 500 students on roll we are fortunate to be able to really get to know each and every student. Over the last 3 years we have made great strides in school improvement and we believe we are at an exciting stage of our development.
We are seeking to appoint a committed, driven and inspiring leader to become our Assistant Vice Principal – Pastoral, Behaviour and Rewards. You will join a school where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
You will be responsible for the pastoral care, alternative provision and SEND provision across the school. In this role you will inspire and motivate teachers and students to make the best of the opportunities available to them in our thriving school.
We are looking for someone who can work effectively within a small SLT and with strong middle leaders who have transformed our school over the last three years. This is a key post for our community as well as being a career defining opportunity for the successful candidate.
Our students will make you feel proud to be a teaching professional and it is our duty to help enable them to make rapid and sustained progress so they achieve what they are capable of.
We actively welcome applications from colleagues looking for their first SLT post, as well as colleagues looking for a career move. If you can offer a specialism in PE, Science or Humanities this will be a distinct advantage.
We are looking for:
- Experience of leadership in either a whole school or subject led capacity
- A commitment to complete the National SENCO Award.
- Vision, drive and flair as you join our supportive and forward thinking SLT.
- The ability to consult on, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate school improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the school and creating an ethos in which students feel secure and valued.
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards in teaching and learning.
- Our commitment to developing you further as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an inclusive academy which is moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future leader.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making New Forest Academy one of the best schools in our city:
We actively welcome visits where you will have the opportunity to meet the Principal Karen Godsall and other members of the team. Please contact Karen Young on 0238 0245712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a visit and for any other questions/queries.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position will start in January 2018, or as soon as possible. Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing Monday 26 June 2017.
Closing date: Monday 26 June 2017 at 9am
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/SG/1058184/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=77219
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.