Let’s be honest, in May 2017 our school was graded ‘inadequate’ by Ofsted and placed into special measures… We know where we stand and have high aspirations and a rigorous plan to turn the school around to a grading of ‘good’ within two years… Get on board and make a real difference to our children and to your career.
Hillsview Academy is an 11-19 academy of 673 students situated in the Teesville area of Redcar and Cleveland. We are within easy access of Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and only 10 minutes from the A19 motorway. We are an inclusive school at the heart of our community.
We are looking for a keen leader to become our new Assistant Principal to lead on Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. You will join a school where all colleagues play their part and are striving to contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
We have recently introduced a new organisational structure and included an extended Senior Leadership Team. This post has been created to provide professional leadership and management for all aspects of behaviour, welfare and personal development, including attendance. This is an area where we are seeking to challenge our communities norms and create a culture of excellence and inclusion. You will build upon the quality of education by actively supporting the Principal and Vice Principal in this key area.
We actively welcome applications from colleagues with any subject specialist and who have experience either as a middle or senior leader with a proven track record in improving behaviours for learning and attendance.
We are looking for:
- Experience of leadership in either a whole school, subject or pastoral team capacity.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking SLT.
- The ability to consult on, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate school improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specifications
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the school and creating an ethos in which students feel secure and valued.
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards in behaviour and attendance.
- Our commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy where targeted support and rapid improvement is becoming second nature.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are working hard every day to make rapid improvements at Hillsview Academy:
We actively welcome visits where you will have the opportunity to meet the Principal Doug Elliott and other members of the team. Please contact Suzanne Chevalier on 01642 454577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a visit or to speak to the Principal
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
The date of commencement for this post will be January 2018. Interviews will be held on Thursday 19 October.
Closing date: Monday 16 October 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.