Required for January 2022
Are you looking to develop your career?
Haberdashers’ Abraham Darby could be the place for you.
Haberdashers' Abraham Darby is an 11-18 mixed school which opened in 2008. We are part of the Haberdashers' Adams’ Federation linked with Haberdashers’ Adams in Newport. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge, not far from Telford and Shrewsbury, with good motorway links to both the M6 and M54. Moving into a new state of the art, technology rich building in July 2012, our facilities and working environment for both pupils and staff are excellent.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented teacher with a proven track record of securing successful student outcomes across all key stages. The Assistant Vice Principal Science will possess the key leadership qualities necessary to develop professionals, inspire young people and contribute to school improvement as part of the extended Academy senior leadership team.
Salary will be paid on the leadership scale and is negotiable depending on experience.
The successful candidate will:
• Have vision, energy and enthusiasm for learning and teaching.
• Be proactive, innovative and focused on student outcomes.
• Be an aspiring, ambitious leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have a proven track record of raising and maintaining standards and securing high quality provision.
• Join the extended Senior Leadership Team
• Undertake wider strategic and operational responsibilities, depending on experience
If you are you looking to develop your career, have a passion for working with young people, believe you can impact upon colleagues and possess the energy, determination and desire to ‘make a difference’, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for!
A commitment to extra-curricular and curriculum enrichment activities is essential.
Applications are welcome from scientists of all disciplines.
What can we offer you:
• An opportunity to contribute to developing teaching and learning across the Academy
• Modern learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities
• Mentoring and support from an experienced senior leadership team.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please email the HR Manager/PA to the Principal to make an appointment - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply?
A candidate information pack and an application form are available by clicking on the relevant supporting documents below or from the Academy website by clicking on the following link:
Closing Date is 3.30pm on Monday 27th September 2021
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date. We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Completed applications should be emailed to the HR Manager / PA to the Principal, Ms D J Tudor: email@example.com
Potential candidates are also welcome to contact Lee Hadley (Principal) for an informal discussion -email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions about the post please don't hesitate to contact us!
Haberdashers' Abraham Darby is committed to protecting children and young people. All posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
HABERDASHERS' ABRAHAM DARBY - Ironbridge Road Madeley Telford TF7 5HX
The Haberdashers’ Adams’ Federation Trust (HAFT)
Collaborating with Haberdashers' Adams Grammar School in Newport
Tel: 01952 386000
Haberdashers' Abraham Darby
Telford and Wrekin
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
"Education is about instilling values and creating dreams"
"We believe that all our students can do amazing things with their lives, whatever their background, whatever their abilities and aptitudes, wherever they start from."
Good schools go beyond ...