Westminster Academy specialises in International Business and Enterprise. It serves a multi-ethnic community in Central London, and at the heart of our approach is the personalised curriculum based on the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile.
At Westminster Academy we believe that education is success. By providing all of our students with a world class education, we prepare them to be competitive on the international stage. We strive to be the best in every field, as is demonstrated in achieving our ‘Outstanding’ status. As a member of staff at a fast paced, forward thinking organisation, you will genuinely be changing lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our vibrant and thriving Academy for an outstanding Assistant Vice Principal who is inspirational, dynamic, innovative and ready for the challenge of joining an exceptional senior leadership team in the sixth most deprived constituency in the country and therefore making a genuine difference to the young people in our community. We are searching for an applicant who is well qualified, driven, ambitious for Headship within the next four to five years and has the ability to hit the ground running. You should have a passion for Teaching and Learning, along with a portfolio of excellent results.
In this role, you will work closely with the Vice Principal for Teaching and Learning to raise the standard of lessons across the Academy. You will also be responsible for overseeing a year group within the Academy, including the transition of new students into the Academy, and line managing subject departments as required. A strong vision and evidence of exciting and creative leadership are essential.
Are you that special leader? We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about improving the quality of teaching and learning across the school
- Maintains uncompromisingly high expectations for themselves, staff and students
- Believes in the Academy’s vision, values and ethos
- Has a proven track record of improving progress and outcomes for students
- Has experience delivering inspirational INSET and CPD
- Is an inspirational leader, a measured risk-taker and a self-starter
What we offer:
- a key leadership role in a unique and high performing Academy
- an innovative educational concept
- excellent programme of continuing professional development
- be given the opportunity to develop personally and professionally
- have the chance to shape the future of the academy
- opportunity to work with a talented group of teachers and leaders
- work with an ambitious group of students
- an excellent staff wellbeing programme
- unique Academy working with autonomy, supported by committed and dedicated sponsors
- a real commitment to staff well being including offering access to the local gym, Perkbox, and weekly fitness sessions
To find out more and to apply please visit: https://westminsteracademy.our-careers.co.uk/
All completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Westminster Academy are working in partnership with Propelo to recruit to these leadership roles. For an informal conversation (in complete confidence) please contact Corrina O’Beirne on 01273 222 877 or James Sturdy on 01904 567818.
Closing date: 23 February 2018
Interview date: 2 March 2018
Westminster Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.