Assistant Vice Principal (Teaching & Learning)– Male Middle School & High School Campus
Aldar Education is currently seeking Assistant Vice Principal (Teaching & Learning)– Male Middle School & High School Campus for an immediate or August 2021 start to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Sas Al Nakhl in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Aldar Education and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. ADNOC Schools, managed and operated by Aldar Education, offer world-class amenities and are designed to provide learners with a 21st Century curriculum using the latest technology and world-class facilities. The schools deliver the renowned US Massachusetts/Common Core curriculum and ADNOC Schools, Sas Al Nakhl in Abu Dhabi – Middle & High Campus currently educates over 1,800 students.
Successful candidates will combine an excellent track record of effective leadership experience, developed in the UK, USA, or other international settings, with strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to manage the demands and needs of a wide range of stakeholders from the Board level to parents, teachers, and Principals. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are pivotal to this role.
The role requires high-level strategic thinking combined with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding education outcomes across the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with other schools within the group and developing ways to engage with strategic partners to support the work of the school, the group as a whole, and the UAE’s wider education vision.
Successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Support the development and implementation of the vision and strategic direction of the school
• Set a clear vision and action plan for the designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Principal
• Have a significant, measurable impact in the areas led that is substantial and sustained
• Have a positive impact on the quality of learning & teaching through the strategic responsibilities
• Support a distinctive community ethos that is inclusive and applies the appropriate values, attitudes, and practices in all aspects of school life.
• Contribute to creating and maintaining an environment and a code of behavior which promotes and secures good/outstanding teaching, effective learning, and high standards of behavior and achievement.
• Manage designated areas to ensure improvements in students’ knowledge, skills, and abilities, and excellent student progress.
• Contribute to creating and maintaining an effective partnership with parents to support and improve students’ achievement and personal development.
• Contribute to developing effective links with the wider community, including local, national, and partnership arrangements, to extend the curriculum and enhance learning and teaching.
• Ensure that students’ learning encompasses skills that encourage them to become independent and inquisitive learners
• Lead by example acting with integrity and respect in all aspects of leadership, showing professional regard for the policies, practices, and the ethos of the school.
• Foster positive relationships and attitudes to inspire and motivate.
• Show an understanding of, and always act within, the statutory frameworks which set out professional duties and responsibilities.
• Bachelor Degree in Education or BA Degree with PGCE or equivalent teacher qualification
• Master’s degree in Education
• Administrative/Leadership certification
• Demonstrable experience managing College Board Programming
• Minimum 6 years’ educational experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership role.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
• Able to make judgments and work under pressure
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Able to organize tasks and multi-task
• Able to think and plan strategically
• Must possess supervisory and leadership skills
• Must be competent in IT
• Must have integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves. Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
Interested applicants should forward:
1 side A4, letter of interest
Most recent resume/CV
2 references (1 current Principal/Supervisor)
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
ADNOC Schools Abu Dhabi Campus
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years