Associate Assistant Head (SENDCo)
• Full time, permanent position required for January 2022
• MPS (Outer London Weighting) + TLR 1a
We are looking to appoint an excellent teacher and experienced SENDCo with the drive and vision to match that of our dedicated senior team, staff and governors. The successful candidate will lead, manage and evaluate high quality SEND provision to secure quality first teaching and excellent learning outcomes success for all pupils.
William Byrd is a happy, popular and thriving three-form entry primary academy serving a diverse community in West London. We have the highest expectations and aspirations for our children and for each other which is tangible in and around the school. We do not put a ceiling on achievement and the warm and positive ethos across the school means that children can thrive.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join our school as we converted to academy status in September 2017 and we are continuing to make progress on our school improvement journey. As part of the Middlesex Learning Partnership family, you will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with our partner academies, Belmore Primary Academy and Barnhill Community High School.
Collaboration and support are embedded in the culture of the school. Staff are the vital ingredient in our school and our commitment to the development of staff at all levels is a fundamental priority for us.
We can offer:
- Quality guidance and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, very supportive and innovative senior team who are passionate about our school
- A dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic staff team
- Wonderful children who are happy and eager to learn
- A supportive community who are invested in their school
- A fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting and forward thinking trust, working in partnership with other schools
COVID-secure visits to the school can be arranged and we would be delighted to show you around. Please contact the Head’s PA, Jessica Cotterill, to arrange a visit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 27 September 2021.
Earlier applications are welcome and interviews may take place prior to the closing date with mutual agreement.
CVs will not be accepted.
William Byrd Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
William Byrd Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years