About the School:
Click here for application form
· Good Ofsted rating
· Progress 8 for GCSE is the significantly positive 0.33
· Excellent CPD opportunities
· We are proud of our close community connections
· Admission preference is given to staffs’ children
· We are partially selective
· £3.5m school expansion
· The School is in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate
· We have an outstanding wellbeing programme offering
o Childcare vouchers
o Flu jabs
o Access to the Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Pilates classes
o Yoga class
o Free eye tests
· Reputation of academic excellence
· Pearsons Award finalists – we are the highest School to have awards given by students. Over the last 2 years we have had 3 national finalists
· First class student support within an inspirational environment
· Specialisms are in Science and the Performing Arts
· We believe every child deserves the best and we aim to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life
· Our teachers are highly trained, dedicated and determined to help every child succeed
About the Faculty:
The Faculty has a real vibrancy about it with incredibly positive and conscientious staff. They are a leading Department who, in their approach to teaching and learning continue their professional development.
v A2 results regularly return an ALPs rate of 3
v A Level continues to see 100% pass rates; last year saw 67% of students achieving A*-C grades
v GCSE had a 100% pass rate with 98.5% achieving A*-B grades, 62% achieving A* and A grades, 80.1% gaining A*-C grades and 71.5% of students achieving 5 or more A*-C, including Maths and English.
v Year on year with A Level over 67% of students achieve A*-B grades
v GCSE results show a similar trend, consistently achieving above National Average
v 87% of GCSE students achieved 5 or more A*-C, including English and Maths
v 55% of A2 students achieved A*-B grades
v A Level students achieve 63% at A*-B grades
v GCSE students achieve highly with 87% achieving 5 or more A*-C including English and Maths
v GCSE Additional Science had 82% of students achieve A*-C and Physics had 99%.
v GCSE Additional Science had 82% of students achieve A*-C and GCSE Chemistry had 99%.
v A large proportion of A Level students go on to read related degrees and Medicine at university; of these, quite a few apply to Oxbridge.
Full details of the job can be found on our website www.rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosing and Barring Service as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Application forms and details can be obtained from the website, by calling the School on 01923 726917 or by email to email@example.com
If you would like to visit the School, please contact Mrs Spinks, Headteacher’s PA on the above details.