Associate Assistant Headteacher, Leader of Learning – English
L10 – L12 (Starting salary negotiable)
Full Time - Permanent
We are looking to appoint, with effect from Easter 2020, a high quality teaching practitioner who would complement our existing English Team and provide inspirational leadership.
Our school is a great place to work. We have high expectations of our staff but they are strongly supported; we place a large emphasis on CPD and also staff wellbeing. Our learning environment has been transformed over recent years and we are currently undertaking a significant building and improvements programme to reflect an increase in student population to 1,350 by 2023. We are an expanding school with a track record of sustainable school improvement.
If you have the commitment and desire to raise standards in a fully inclusive school, we want to hear from you.
We expect to appoint someone who has:
• A record as a successful classroom practitioner
• Effective leadership experience
• The ability to raise student achievement for all
• A firm commitment to supporting and developing every child
• Someone who is motivated, supportive and can invest in our shared, whole school values and future aspirations
• A leadership commitment to team work with excellent interpersonal skills
In return we offer:
• A school with a clear ambition to serve our community
• A team that has a clear sense of purpose, corporate vision and a clear desire to move the school forward
• A committed, supportive and enthusiastic staff
• A commitment to professional development opportunities for all staff
• Enthusiastic and supportive students who expect and deserve the best from us all
Application forms and further details are available from the school website www.westhoughton-high.org
Completed applications should be returned to the school office by 12:00 noon on Friday 15th November 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 18th November 2019.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.